Larus glaucoides x thayeri (aka Kumlien's Gull)
3 December 2007
Bergen, Hordaland, Norway
- Size like the smaller Herring Gulls (females) nearby.
- A rather heavy bird, with a powerful bill and angular head.
- Dark brownish smudging on breast and sides and back of neck. Also some dark spots on the belly.
- Fine brownish tinge on greater and median coverts (possibly also on lesser coverts).
- Undertail covers were barred brown.
- The tail was darker (greyish brown) than the rump.
- The bill was washed out yellow with a tinge of blue, distinctly contrasting to a blak tip, with a bright spot at the end.
- Greyish brown primaries with white tips.
- The outer primaries were darker than the inner ones.
- Both inner and outer webs of the primaries were colored.